Monday, May 29, 2017

Review of 'Delayed Death (Temptation in Florence #1) by Beate Boeker

From the very first page the author draws you in with interesting characters. This only grows as you meet the whole crew. The size of the family and the crazy antics they get up to reminded me of my own family. Though I am not Italian, I had to laugh because change the names and the location and you’ve got my family in many ways - at least when we all get together. 

The names of the characters (Nico, Teo, Marco, Benedetta, Carlina, Stefano, Fabbiola… etc) all bring to mind an Italian family and so that puts you in the right frame of mind to enjoy the story like you are meant to. 

The suspense is great, the hints of potential romance are wonderful, all the characters are alive and truly fascinating. I dare say I am a bit like both Carlina and Stefano in terms of what they think of the whole crew as I think they are hilarious and completely nuts (in the most darling way, of course).

I had a few favorite characters - the two main ones (Carlina and Stefano), Nico with all his quirks, and Teo. 

I must say that I guessed the person responsible right at the beginning, but I truly believe that is because I am really good at mysteries. It is not a flaw in the writing as there were multiple times when I started to wonder if I had been mistaken with my first guess. I was pleased to know I still am good at figuring them out with limited information. 

All in all, this book had me riveted from the very beginning. I stayed up until two in the morning in order to finish it because it was that good. The writing is great, the plot is well done. I can’t wait to read the next one in the series as I must know what happens to everyone. 



To buy a copy - Delayed Death by Beate Boeker




No comments:

Post a Comment